AMERICAN FEDERATION OF GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES, LOCAL 2725
October 13, 2023
Nominations will be accepted by email or mail and must be received no later than
5:00 p.m. on October 30, 2023. Nominations are being accepted for the following positions: President, First Vice President, Second Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Sergeant-At-Arms, Chief Stewards 1 per agency DCHA, DHCD, DOH, DOEE, RHC, OSSE, DOB/DCLP (formally DCRA), 7 Delegates to National Convention, 7 Delegates 14th District Caucus, 2 Delegates Washington Metropolitan Council and 2 Delegates AFL/CIO. The term of office is two years.
Qualifications for office are:
1. Must be a member in good standing of this local.
2. Must be a member for one year of an AFGE local, immediately preceding the nomination deadline.
3. May not be a member of any labor organization not affiliated with the AFL-CIO.
4. No person who is identified with corrupt influences or who is affiliated with the Communist Party or other totalitarian movements may serve as an officer of the local.
Candidates shall not run for more than one office in the same local election; however, candidacy as a delegate shall not be considered by this provision.
Making A Nomination
All nominations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, October 30, 2023, to be accepted. Nominations for the above positions may be made in three (3) ways:
1. By submitting a written notice of nomination by email (email@example.com )to be received by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, October 30, 2023. The notice must include your name and address; the nominee's name, address, telephone, and non-government email; and the office for which the person is being nominated.
2. By submitting a written notice or nomination form by mail to (AFGE Local 2725 nominations P.O Box 41015 Washington, D.C. 20018)
3. You may also submit the attached nomination form by email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, October 30, 2023.
4. Any member who has submitted a Standard Form 277 for membership in AFGE Local 2725 to an officer of Local 2725 is a member in good standing and eligible to nominate candidates and must be a member for one year before he/ she is eligible to run for office.
Accepting A Nomination
Candidates must accept the nomination by 5:00 p.m. on October 30, 2023. The member making the nomination has the responsibility of informing the nominee of his or her nomination.
Candidates must accept the nomination by:
1. Emailing a notice of acceptance to (email@example.com) to be received by 5:00 p.m. on October 30, 2023.
2. By completing the nominations acceptance portion of the nomination form and emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org) it to the Election Committee by October 30, 2023.
A self-nomination is acceptable and counts as an acceptance, as long as the above guidelines are followed.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact the election committee by email (email@example.com) or by phone at (202)780-7529.
Click here to download the Nomination for Executive Board Form.
AFGE Local 2725 Election Committee